Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Speaking of Shooting...

So we're in the labs now. I've been wanting to write about them, but I wanted some photos to go along with it, and I haven't been able to get them. The problems are getting more and more difficult, and our skills are ramping up at the same time.

In the meantime, here's a new video I shot of me, well, shooting. I had ordered some ammo online for my Makarov, and it turned out it was a type of ammo that's only allowed in outdoor ranges.

There's only one outdoor range around here, and it's out in the boonies. I shot there a few weeks back with my friends Kelly and Dave; we were driving around through farmland for a while before we found it. It literally has no address - only directions on how to get there. They're not quite of the "Make a right where the old barn used to be, keep driving a mile and a half, and make a left on the dirt road by the sign with the gun on it." variety but pretty darn close to it. In fact, you can substitute "schoolhouse" with "old barn" and you've got it.

Anyways, I went back there yesterday with my trusty Makarov and videoed the gun and targets from different angles while I shot. Here's the result:

No comments: